From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Books on Java and SVG?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:10:15 GMT
Chimera wrote:

> Has anyone seen any good books on using SVG with Java?  I have not seen
> any to date, and with the age of SVG, I am rather surprised.

    No one has written a book specifically on SVG and Java.
As I recall one of the popular SVG books has a chapter or two that
covers an early version of Batik.  Of course DOM is DOM so most of
the JavaScript stuff should translate pretty easily to Java.

    If you want to start talking about stuff like Batik's
SVGGraphics2D, some of the more advanced Rendering tree aspects
of Batik etc, then you are getting very Batik centric, and while
I think it would be interesting no one has written such a book
(I've considered it but it would be a _lot_ of work - Batik is
huge and services a fairly large number of communities so getting
a good balance would be _very_ hard).