From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: OS X success and question
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:13:56 GMT
Hi Joshua,

Joshua Alexander wrote:

> I gave up on batik months ago, but after installing Panther I tried it
> again and now it works. Yay.

    Yes, it does mostly work on Mac OS X now.  It still lags Windows
performance significantly* but it does work.

> Question: I want to run batik-rasterizer from the command line, and I
> don't want any icons bouncing in the Dock over it (Applet Runner). Does
> anyone here know how to do that?

    It appears that using '-Djava.awt.headless=true' in the java
invocation prevents the dock icon.

[*] The performance lag seems to be just about everywhere,
even the XML load (100% pure java no graphics) is much slower
on systems with similar CPU speeds. So perhaps the JIT needs
more work or something.