From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: SVG to Java2D
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:53:20 GMT
Andres Toussaint wrote:

> I am interested to get some guideance in creating Java2D objects from my
>  JSVGCanvas SVGDocument. The purpose of this is to bridge it into a Java2D
>  to DXF (autoCad) converter that i am also working on.

    So the GVT tree is in some sense 'Java2D objects'.  How does your
DXF converter work?  Is it an implementation of the Graphics2D
interface?  If so then you should be able to just pass it into
the GraphicsNode.paint method (take a look at the print transcoder
for a similar example - although it does extra stuff with the
print APIs).

    If you just want Rectangles/Circles/Path's etc.  This info
is embedded in the GraphicsNode subclasses (in particular ShapeNode)
but there is lots of 'extra' info - like transforms, stroke/paint
info, etc.