From ananth balasubramanyam <abala...@cs.odu.edu>
Subject Re: example please
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:17:50 GMT

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the example. I have used that already. The problem i have been
facing is that I use Adobe illustrator to create an SVG. Actually a
graphic designer would create it for me. And i provide this SVG to my jsp
and extract all the text fields and display it in a html form for the user
to change the text.

When the SVG is exported from Adobe Illustrator, it puts its own
<foreignObject> tags in which it uses a <flow> tag with alignment
information(for eg: text-align: center). But the <text> svg tag just has
the x and y info. so if the user types a smaller text compared to the
original text, the text seems to be shifted left ie it doesnt appear to
be aligned like the original text..

Should i be parsing the svg xml for adobe specific information to see if
there is a text-align and then insert text-anchor tags in my DOM, or is
there a export mechanism is adobe ills so that i can ask it to put these
tags for me.

thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it.

Ananth