From ananth balasubramanyam <abala...@cs.odu.edu>
Subject Re: example please
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:07:40 GMT

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> ananth balasubramanyam:
> > When the SVG is exported from Adobe Illustrator, it puts its own
> > <foreignObject> tags in which it uses a <flow> tag with alignment
> > information(for eg: text-align: center). But the <text> svg tag just has
> > the x and y info. so if the user types a smaller text compared to the
> > original text, the text seems to be shifted left ie it doesnt appear to
> > be aligned like the original text..
>
> Do you mean... if the person creating the SVG in Adobe Illustrator types
> some smaller text, or does your SVG allow the user to type text in when
> it's being viewed in Batik?

There is a designer who creates the SVG in adobe illustrator and he has
no other function.

I take the SVG and rasterize it to a jpeg using batik and show it
in a web browser to any user viewing that web page. there is a form in
that web page which is generated dynamically ie all the text nodes in the
SVG are now form input elements, which allows the user to enter some text.
when the user submits i use the form input to alter my nodes in the SVG
and again rasterize the svg and show it as a jpeg.

The issue now is, if the designer had initially designed such that a text
was aligned center and then he exports it to SVG, then i dont have the
text-align information, rather i have just have the x and y of the text.

thanks
Ananth