From Andres Toussaint <and...@onemileup.com>
Subject Re: transcoder AOI help
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:02:05 GMT
Hello:

I had a similar problem with the application i am building, since i use
large SVG´s and wanted to print them in tiles (for this i implemented a
new class i called TiledPrintTranscoder that extends
SVGAbstractTranscoder).

For your particular problem i would suggest the following:

Using a JSVGComponent, load the SVG, and build the GVT tree.

Once you have the GVT tree, you can access all of your SVG as
Graphics2D objects. Now, with this Graphics2D objects, you can apply
your AOI to the area of interest with an affine transform, and then
convert your Graphics2D items back into SVG using
org.apache.batik.svggen

I must say that i have not done this actually, but i am using the GVT
tree to generate a DXF file out of my SVG file and it works really fine.

Andres.