From a...@drexel.edu
Subject ...batik.css.engine.CSSEngine.setMedia(Unknown Source) exception on Unix computers?
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 21:37:26 GMT
Hey guys,

When i run my Java file, which uses Batik, on my Windows Computer through NetBeans with the
classpath just the batik jars added to the IDE's classpath; my Java prog works fine..

So i tried writing an ANT script which compiles with ANT's <javac> and then run the
prog <java> with the classpath set to all the jars in the library folder, it runs fine.

Wen i try this script though on a Unix computer which has java and ant, and run my ANT script
i get this when manipulating a SVG canvas through a JSlider...

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: Invalid CSS media:

        at org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSEngine.setMedia(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.initializeDocument(Unknown$
        at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(Unknown Source)

This happens in this circumstance...
I have a Jslider which starts from 1 to a 100. I make a double by dividing it by 100 and update
a <Rect fill-opacity="Slider.thatValue()"> Preview Box for the user on a SVGCanvas whenever
they are moving the slider. so if they move the slider fast, they get this error, but only
on the Unix computers in my lab. can anyone explain y?
If u want i can send my ANT script and source files.