From Steve Lamont <...@ncmir.ucsd.edu>
Subject Random NullPointerExceptions or DOMExceptions in JSVGCanvas
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:14:46 GMT
I'm getting occasional random (that is, non-repeatable)
NullPointerExceptions and/or DOMExceptions when trying to load an SVG
document into a JSVGCanvas.  The traceback from the
NullPointerException to the command line window appears as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent$SVGListener.gvtBuildCompleted(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder$2.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.util.EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.util.EventDispatcher.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.util.EventDispatcher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:171)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

The DOMException comes in the form of a popup window:

SVG Error:

file:/home/spl/src/java/jibber/test/mouse/001.svg:
The attribute "font-family" represents an invalid CSS value ("null").