From Venkat S Kota <vsrk...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: problem with JPEGTranscoder
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:05:09 GMT

cam-batik-users@aka.mcc.id.au wrote:

>pegan@gresham-forms.co.uk:
>

>>As you say the AbstractNode.importNode method initially creates an Attr
>>without a value but then, I think, because the deep flag is true it performs
>>getFirstChild() on the Attr node ( and gets an AbstractParentNode ) it then
>>recurses with this node, this node is handled as a TEXT_NODE and the result
>>(ie. the attribute value) is added to the Attr node.
>>

>I never knew that attributes in the DOM were represented this way!  The
>DOM 2 Core spec bears out your explanation.

thanks Cameron and Patrick for your help. I see that the Document I am
passing to the deepCloneDocument() method has attribute nodes with
values but the values are not as a child Text Node. This document is a
result of the XSL transformation using
javax.xml.transform.Transformer::transform(). I am not sure why the
attribute node values doesn't have child text node.

As a workaround, I have implemented my own version of copy routine which
copies from the original DOM to the SVG DOM implementation ( will all
attribute values, ofcourse ). I could render most of the SVGs I have
with this implementation.

I still have one further problem. This probably has nothing to do with
the problem we have been discussing so far. I have some SVG content with
embedded gif images. These embedded images are lost during jpeg
conversion. My jpeg conversion is running within Servlet and I have
tried the following values for xlink:href with no success
1. <image x="60" y="65" width="32" height="25" xlink:href="cloud.gif" />
2. <image x="60" y="65" width="32" height="25"
xlink:href="file:///<absolute directory path>/cloud.gif" />
3. <image x="60" y="65" width="32" height="25" xlink:href="<relative
path to the web application>/cloud.gif" />

any ideas?

thanks
Venkat