From pe...@gresham-forms.co.uk
Subject RE: problem with JPEGTranscoder
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:29:46 GMT
Hi Venkat,
Try JPG or PNG rather than GIF.
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkat S Kota [mailto:vsrkota@netscape.net]
Sent: 21 June 2004 15:05
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: problem with JPEGTranscoder

cam-batik-users@aka.mcc.id.au <mailto:cam-batik-users@aka.mcc.id.au>  wrote:

pegan@gresham-forms.co.uk: <mailto:pegan@gresham-forms.co.uk:>

As you say the AbstractNode.importNode method initially creates an Attr

without a value but then, I think, because the deep flag is true it performs

getFirstChild() on the Attr node ( and gets an AbstractParentNode ) it then

recurses with this node, this node is handled as a TEXT_NODE and the result

(ie. the attribute value) is added to the Attr node.

I never knew that attributes in the DOM were represented this way!  The

DOM 2 Core spec bears out your explanation.

thanks Cameron and Patrick for your help. I see that the Document I am
passing to the deepCloneDocument() method has attribute nodes with values
but the values are not as a child Text Node. This document is a result of
the XSL transformation using javax.xml.transform.Transformer::transform(). I
am not sure why the attribute node values doesn't have child text node.

As a workaround, I have implemented my own version of copy routine which
copies from the original DOM to the SVG DOM implementation ( will all
attribute values, ofcourse ). I could render most of the SVGs I have with
this implementation.

I still have one further problem. This probably has nothing to do with the
problem we have been discussing so far. I have some SVG content with
embedded gif images. These embedded images are lost during jpeg conversion.
My jpeg conversion is running within Servlet and I have tried the following
values for xlink:href with no success
1. <image x="60" y="65" width="32" height="25" xlink:href="cloud.gif" />
2. <image x="60" y="65" width="32" height="25" xlink:href=" file:///
<file:///> <absolute directory path>/cloud.gif" />
3. <image x="60" y="65" width="32" height="25" xlink:href="<relative path to
the web application>/cloud.gif" />

any ideas?

thanks
Venkat

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered
by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com