From Nikhil Dinesh <nikh...@seas.upenn.edu>
Subject JSVGScrollPane question
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:58:29 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to use the JSVGScrollPane and it kept throwing
NullPointerExceptions. After tracing the execution I found that it seems
to check the viewBox before setting it. I hacked around this doing the
following:

public class MySVGScrollPane extends JSVGScrollPane{

 public MySVGScrollPane(JSVGCanvas canvas){
     super(canvas);
     super.viewBox = new java.awt.geom.Rectangle2D.Float(0,0,10000,10000);
     super.ignoreScrollChange = false;
 }
}

This keeps the scrollbars constant which is again weird it be resizing
according to changes in the document, right?

The code which uses the scroll pane is something like:

JPanel panel = new JPanel(layout...)
JSVGCanvas myCanvas = new JSVGCanvas();
myCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_STATIC) [other options produce
the same results]

panel.add(new JVGScrollPane(myCanvas));

.....(the document is set by some user initiated action)

Am I using this the wrong way?

Thanks,
-Nikhil