From "Frederik Santens" <frederik.sant...@pandora.be>
Subject Backend driven svg application
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:17:03 GMT
Hello,

We have a notification engine that fire events when changes occur in the
backend system. Based upon those events we would like to update the
JSVGCanvas in correspondence with these backend data changes. The rate
at which those changes occur, is every 10 seconds, so, for performance
reasons, we are probably not able to rerender the svg each time (with a
setDocument(…)). We also want to avoid the blinking and the loss of the
zoom status that occurs when rerendering the svg in the JSVGCanvas.

The ideal situation for us, would be to change the svg dynamically. I
tried calling a script (defined in the svg) from within the java code
but without success.

My code:

UpdateManager um = svgCanvas.getUpdateManager();
Interpreter ip =
um.getBridgeContext().getInterpreter("text/ecmascript");
ScriptRun sr = new ScriptRun("alert", ip);
um.getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(sr);

public class ScriptRun implements Runnable{
    private Interpreter interpreter;
    private String scriptName;

    public ScriptRun(String scriptName, Interpreter interpreter) {
        this.interpreter = interpreter;
        this.scriptName = scriptName;
    }

    public void run() {
        try{
            interpreter.evaluate(this.scriptName);
        } catch(InterpreterException ie){
            ie.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

What is going wrong? Or are there better approaches to tackle this
problem.

I’m using batik 1.5.1. on JDK 1.4.2_04.

Thx
Frederik