From Eilein Grasp <blackm...@digiverse.net>
Subject NullPointerException with Filter
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:54:00 GMT
I have an SVG file saved from Illustrator that I've added a (blur) filter to (in the defs element)
and a circle that references that filter. The SVG (which I'm sorry I can't quote here or upload
right now) consists of text, tspan, path and group elements with this filtered circle on top.
It all displays fine in the Adobe viewer, but in Batik's JSVGCanvas I get a NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException	at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.BackgroundRable8Bit.addBounds(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.BackgroundRable8Bit.getViewportBounds(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.BackgroundRable8Bit.getViewportBounds(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.BackgroundRable8Bit.getViewportBounds(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.BackgroundRable8Bit.getBounds2D(Unknown Source)	at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.renderable.PadRable8Bit.createRendering(Unknown Source)	at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.renderable.PadRable8Bit.createRendering(Unknown Source)	at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.renderable.GaussianBlurRable8Bit.createRendering(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.GraphicsUtil.drawImage(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.renderable.PadRable8Bit.paintRable(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.GraphicsUtil.drawImage(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.renderable.PadRable8Bit.paintRable(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.GraphicsUtil.drawImage(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.renderable.FilterChainRable8Bit.paintRable(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.GraphicsUtil.drawImage(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.ShapeNode.paint(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.CanvasGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.genRect(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.copyData(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.TranslateRed.copyData(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.PadRed.copyData(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.DynamicRenderer.repaint(Unknown
Source)	at org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.StaticRenderer.repaint(Unknown Source)	at org.apache.batik.swing.gvt.GVTTreeRenderer.run(Unknown
Source)

I'm trying to isolate the element responsible but it's quite a complex layout with lots of
elements so meanwhile I would ask -- has anyone else had this problem ?