From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: using JSVGCanvas to draw somewhere else
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:28:16 GMT
Tonny Kohar wrote:

>>2) Why does GraphicsNode.getBounds()sometimes return really tiny
>>rectangles? (Drawing many of the sample SVGs included with Batik
>>renders them in a 1 or 2 pixel box, and I have to zoom the hell out of
>>the transform in order to see anything. Still, other SVG samples
>>display at the proper size.)

    I suspect this is caused by loading the SVG before the JSVGCanvas
has a size.  If the canvas doesn't have a size (or size is zero) it
set's it's size to 1 for purposes of calculating the viewing
transform.

    This raises the other issue I was going to mention which is the
JSVGCanvas may not be what you want to be using here.  A better
match might be to use the batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.
This will build the GVT tree and set the viewing transform in a
bit lighter weight manner - and also probably easier to understand.