From Charlton_R...@daifukuamerica.com
Subject Re: GraphicsNode.paint()
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:05:32 GMT
Steven, I recently posted a HOWTO that I believe will answer your
question.  Search for an email with the subject

HOWTO - rendering SVG documents to any graphics context

Good luck!

Stephan Müller <sm853234@mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
07/29/2004 06:42 AM
Please respond to
"Batik Users" <batik-users@xml.apache.org>

batik-users@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
GraphicsNode.paint()

Hello,

I want to paint a SVG directly on a Graphics2D, without creating first a
BufferedImage. Therefore I
used the GraphicsNodes paint()-method. It seemed to work fine, but when I
tried the "batikCandy.svg"
(one of the samples included in Batik), the result looked different to
that when using JSVGCanvas.
So I'm not sure now whether it is appropriate to use the paint()-Method.

Is there another possibility to draw SVG directly on a Graphics2D? I need
that because I want to
preserve the features of a vector graphics (e.g. when using a Graphics2D
to create an .rtf file).

Thanks for helping me!

Stephan