From "Urs Reupke" <ursreu...@gmx.net>
Subject SetDocument vs. LoadSVGDocument
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:36:12 GMT
Hello,
up to now I used LoadSVGDocument(URL) to load files to display, and it was good -
but when today, for various reasons, I tried to convert the program to use SetDocument,
things failed miserably:

Using JDOM 1.0, I wrote a method to read the SVG-File as a JDOM Document,
afterwards convert it to a w3c.dom Document, and finally pass this w3c.dom Document
to the setDocument(w3c.dom.Document)-Method of my JSVGCanvas.
I didn't expect trouble at this stage, but it came: Instead of displaying everything, only
"direct content" is displayed, images embedded via the <symbol>-Tag aren't shown.
Which is bad, because my images are of quite repetitive content and rely on
<symbol>/<use>.

Can you point me to a solution for the problem?
Thank you
-Urs