From Maik Schürer proveo GmbH <Maik.Schue...@proveo.de>
Subject Re: tooltips / Re: MouseEvents do not occur...
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:35:52 GMT
but it is the same (no effect) when I use the 'base' classes:
   UIManager.put("ToolTip.font", new Font("Arial", Font.PLAIN, 24));
   UIManager.put("Tooltip.background", Color.CYAN);

what would you suggest to change Font, font color and background color (of
the tooltip) ?

Thanks
Maik

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas DeWeese" <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com>
To: "Batik Users" <batik-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: tooltips / Re: MouseEvents do not occur...

Hi Maik,

   Well, I'm really not familiar with the UIManager stuff, so
this is from quickly looking at the JavaDocs.  the FontUIResource
is a derived class from Font, similarly for ColorUIResource.
Looking at the UIManager it treats the value differently if it
is a 'UIResource' vs if it is the baseclass (Font, Color).

   On first reading it appears that when the value is a UIResource
it checks the parent component for the value.  But I could easily
be missing something.