From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: JPG generation problem in Linux
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:25:42 GMT
Hi Chandra,

     My first guess would be that Java can't find the
X display (are you logging the output of Java/Batik anywhere
in the 'service' case?).  The simplest solution to this,
if you are using Java 1.4, is to use headless mode.  Search
the net for 'java headless' and you should get all
the info you need (including other workarounds
if this isn't feasible).