From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Using Batik from .net
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:55:23 GMT
Tim Almond wrote:

> I don't know what people's feelings are about .net, but I have an idea
> based on using Batik, where I would generate the SVG from XML and then
> convert it to a JPEG for rendering.
>
> Currently, I use .net and would switch to java except hosting looks
> difficult to get hold of. Alternatively, is there a way of using PHP
> to call Batik?

    I don't really know anything about hosting but I was under the
impression that Java Servlets were quite common, so I would be a
bit surprised if you couldn't find hosting for them.

> If not, has anyone set up Batik to be a web service that can be called
> from elsewhere?

    It has certainly been done, I don't know if anyone has setup a
free SVG rasterization 'web service' that was generally available.