From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: batik opens too TCP connections?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:43:26 GMT
Massimo Signori wrote:

> Hi everybody, i'm using batik to display an SVG in my java applet. This SVG
> contains some links to javascript functions as shown:

[...]

> My applet downloads this file from server and then opens this file from the
> hard drive.
> It seems that when SVG rendering is complete and I start browsing this svg
> using some JS functions, my applet opens an incredible number of TCP
> connections just when a JS function is called (I think...). I've seen that
> by monitoring with TCPView the number of connections opened.

   Can you tell what it's opening (I assume it's requesting classes
from the originating server).  I would suspect that this is caused by
Rhino, it allows you to access Java classes from JavaScript, however
usually this only happens when you want it to.  You might be able
to find something 'odd' in your JS by looking at the server logs to
know what it is requesting (if it's requesting a class in something
like a mouseover handler it could open lots of connections in a short
period).