From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: gif image Auto-Scale
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:45:49 GMT
Michael Voyes wrote:

> Nevertheless, is it easily possible to work with grayscale image before
> and while rendering process (rendering uses grayscale colorspace and
> colormodel) ? This would save memory usage.

    If you follow the TiledTiffTranscoder example I don't think you
will find memory usage to be an issue.  I've rendered complex images
at 300dpi poster sizes (>10,000 pixels across) in the default JVM
partition.

    You could try passing a Graphics2D from a Grayscale BufferedImage
into the root GraphicsNode's paint method. But I am fairly certain
that for some (mostly complex) svg this is likely to fail - or at
least fall back to rendering 4channels.