From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Problem Using the getIntersectionList method
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:20:39 GMT
Hi,

I have added extensive logging in getIntersectionList () in
SVGSVGElementBridge and SVGOMSVGElement using System.err.println() calls.

The intersection routines allways drops out at line 454 of
SVGSVGElementBridge, according to the comment because "the svg element
doesn't intersect any of the children".

I'll continue investigating.

Regards
Jorg

TJ Teegan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Try something like this:
>
> SVGRect rect = SVGDoc.getRootElement().createSVGRect();
> //
> //set the values for the rect element: width, height, etc.
> //
> SVGElement svge = SVGDoc.getRootElement().getViewportElement();
> NodeList nodes = SVGDoc.getRootElement().getIntersectionList(rect, svge);
>
> I don't think you can use the root element as a paramater.  I use the
> viewport instead and have not had any problems.
>
> Good Luck,
> TJ Teegan
>

>> From: Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be>
>> To: batik-users@xml.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Problem Using the getIntersectionList method
>> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:41:20 +0200
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a catch on how to use this function? I have statically
>> defined a rectangle that should cover about 90% of my canvas, then call
>> doc.getRootElement().getEnclosureList(rectangle, doc.getRootElement())
>> where doc is the SVGDocument.
>>
>> My document is nothing but <svg> with a few <g> elements where each
>> <g> has a few <path> elements in it.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>> Jorg
>>
>> Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>    I just delivered it.
>>>
>>>    You can pick it up tomorrow from the nightly build or
>>> you can get it from CVS immediately.

 Any