From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: accessing UpdateManager before the canvas is displayed
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:31:20 GMT
George Armhold wrote:
> My current understanding of the batik threading model is that one can
> expect the UpdateManager to be available once gvtRenderingCompleted
> has been fired.  This has always worked great for me.  But now I am
> trying to "prepare" my canvases in advance by constructing them and
> calling setSVGDocument before they are made visible on the screen. I
> notice that gvtRenderingCompleted is never fired until the canvas is
> made visible in some displayed component.  Is there some workaround
> for this?  Would waiting for gvtBuildCompleted suffice, to access the
> UpdateManager?
>
> For what it's worth, what I am trying to do here is write a
> synchronous version of setSVGDocument- the caller should block until
> the doc is fully loaded and ready.  (Yes I am taking care not to block
> the Swing EDT.)

You could add the JSVGCanvas to a JFrame that is never set visible.
The document should render I think if you say jframe.pack() even
though you haven't yet said jframe.setVisible().

-Archie

*
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.
*