From Bjoern.Stener...@si-software.de
Subject Re: Problem with alignment when printing, UPDATE to prior mail
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:35:40 GMT
Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> schrieb am 15.12.2004 12:21:56:

> Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:
>

> > Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> schrieb am 14.12.2004
14:06:58:

> >  > Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:
> >  >
> >  > > Sorry, I mean it is important for me that the square starts 1cm
> >  > > from the left edge and 1 cm from the top!
> >  >
> >  >     Look at the allowed values for the "preserveAspectRatio"
attribute.
> >  > In particular 'xMinYMin meet'.
> >
> > Do You mean to change the document itself or is there a parameter in
the
> > PrintTranscoder?
>
>     This would need to be changed in the document (although the change
> to the document can be made after the 'source' document has been
> loaded.

I tried this, did not change anything :-(

> > I changed my SVG to this:
> >   <svg width="200" height="200" preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin meet"
> >        xml:space="preserve" viewbox="0 0 600 600"
> >        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
> >
> > and changed the preserveAspectRatio-Parameter several times, nothing
> > happened. To be sure my programm has no bug I also tried to print with

> > squiggle, same result, the output does not change, even though I
changed
> > the preserveAspectRatio-Parameter.
>
>     Well, then something isn't working right ;)
>     Are you using the AOI hint?  Rightly or wrongly (probably
> wrongly) this bypasses the viewBox handling.

I am not using the AOI hint, why should I? As I understand the AOI hint it
can be used to
print a subarea of an SVG, but i wan´t to print the complete SVG. In the
PrintTranscoder I add
the hint SCALE_TO_PAGE to Boolean.TRUE. To explain it a bit more precise i
created those two images:

Thats how it is right now:
http://www.si-software.de/images/bs/wrong.gif

Thats how it should be:
http://www.si-software.de/images/bs/right.gif

Perhaps you another idea how to get this result?

> >  > > Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de schrieb am 14.12.2004 09:45:41:
> >  > >
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > Hi,
> >  > >  > I am trying to print this little SVG:
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >  > >  > <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20010904//EN"
"http://www.w3.
> >  > >  > org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
> >  > >  > <svg width="200" height="200"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
> >  > >  >   <g>
> >  > >  >     <rect x="0" y="0" width="200" height="200"
fill="darkblue"/>
> >  > >  >   </g>
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > When I am telling the printdialog to use 1cm margin each side
the
> >  > >  > svg gets scaled (aspect ratio is preserved) to fit to the
page,
> >  > >  > which is ok. What bothers me is that the square also gets
centered
> >  > >  > in the vertical axis. It is important for me that when i use 1

cm