From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: PDF international text
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:27:41 GMT
Have a look at the Wiki page I set up a few days ago:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/SvgNotes/PdfTranscoderTrueTypeEmbedding

There are indeed some limitations concerning PDF support. Your example
could also indicate that we should resurrect the transcoding hint for
stroking text. Might help work-around problems such as these.

I hope that helps.

On 16.02.2005 13:57:13 Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> Dear Batik users,
>
> I'm trying convert some SVG to PDF that contains international text,
> like Unicode characters &#337;
> When it is set in a <tspan> batik creates fine outlines. But when in
> not, it tries to draw them as WinAnsi-encoded Times-Roman, resulting in a #
>
> Is there a way to get the correct character in the PDF, preferably
> automatically embedding "Times New Roman", or some other Unicode-capable
> OpenType font? Or is it a PDF-limitation?

Jeremias Maerki