From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: Batik Performance Questions
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:27:09 GMT
Steven Huey wrote:

 > Here are the results (all times in seconds):
 >
 > = PowerBook =
 > Load Document: 10.762
 > Build GVT Tree: 7.371
 > Prepare to Render: 8.912
 > Render: 112.147
 >
 > = Dell Workstation =
 > Load Document: 7.234
 > Build GVT Tree: 2.016
 > Prepare to Render: 4.266
 > Render: 2.672

Hi Steven,

I'm glad someone finally came along and got some hard numbers on this
issue.  We've had problems with our Batik-based project running on
MacOSX as well.  It seemed as if we had a threading problem (our app
is quite complicated in that respect) but in retrospect, and
especially after seeing your data, maybe it was just Batik being
incredibly slow to respond.  Symptoms are that dynamic updates are
slow to appear, or never appear at all.  I haven't really pursued the
issue in this forum because I haven't yet had time to boil it down to
a small test case.  I hope you get some answers. :-)