From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Batik Performance Questions
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:13:33 GMT
Hi Steven,

    Yes, I've been aware that drawing on Mac OS X is much
slower although I must admit that I am very surprised
at the difference you are seeing (although the example
seems to be a fairly extreme one).

    The first thing I would try is adjusting the format
of the Buffered Image created by batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit
It is entirely possible that the format of the image used
by it currently is poorly supported by Mac OS X.