From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Question: How do I capture the mouse click event prior to loading a link associated SVG File
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:19:27 GMT
Hi Pramod,

    You need to register an onclick mouse listener
during the "capture" phase of DOM event dispatch.
Then if you decide you don't want the document
opened you can call 'preventDefault' on the event
passed into your handler to prevent it from
activating the link (this part might only work in
CVS Batik).

    So from Java:

	EventListener clickListener = new ClickListener();
	EventTarget et = (EventTarget)document.getElementById("foo");
	e.addEventListener("click", clickListener, true);

     class ClickListener implements EventListener {
         public void handleEvent(Event evt) {
		if (blah) evt.preventDefault();
	}