xmlgraphics-batik-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: bug report against patch from 2004/11/29
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:57:10 GMT
Hi George,

George Armhold wrote:

> Since this patch, I notice problems when changing the "visibility"
> property in dynamic documents.  I've attached a testcase that
> demonstrates the problem.  It creates a document consisting of several
> <g> elements, each containing a single horizontal line.  The
> visibility attribute of each line is initially set to "hidden".  Then
> after a pause, I set visibility="visible".

     The problem is that in that patch I set the primitiveBounds of
the node to null (nothing) when visibility is set to false (which 
means that hopefully whole groups can be skipped when rendering),
but I didn't clear the 'cached' geometry when the visibility state
changes thus the group thought is still had zero size.  This is now
fixed in CVS.

     In constructing the test case for this I discovered a few other
efficiency issues that I am working on solving.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: batik-users-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message