From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject idea to show modified source in Batik
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:34:02 GMT
Dear Batik Developers (currently mainly Thomas?)!

I have an idea for a useful extension to the Batik Squiggle SVG viewer
that would help SVG developers.

I currently use Batik a lot for developing SVG apps, due to the fact
that it has scripting debugger, console support, DOM tree viewer and a
stricter XML Parser than ASV.

ASV, however, has one useful feature (available through an XML
processing instruction) that is currently not available on Batik: to
save the current state of the DOM to a new SVG file. Yes, there is the
DOM viewer to see the current DOM, but in some cases, it would be useful
to get the full modified DOM and to be able to save it to a file again.

In the Squiggle Menu it could be a new entry below "View Source", maybe
titled "View Modified Source".

I have no idea how much work that would mean to integrate such a feature
in Batik Squiggle?

What do you think,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/