From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: idea to show modified source in Batik
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:53:55 GMT
Andreas Neumann wrote:

> thomas is that code ok to be used in the Squiggle browser? I guess that
> quite a few developers would benefit from that feature.

    Not quite, first you need to get the File reference (via
a file Save dialog presumably), and secondly this code I think
uses the XSLT processor (with default processing) to turn the
DOM into XML.  Currently Squiggle has no hard dependency on XSLT.
I would probably just have it use one of our XML serializers
(although they probably aren't as nice about handling namespaces).

    I will work on adding a 'save as' to the file menu in squiggle.
There are some complex cases that something this simple probably
won't get right but 99% of the time it will be just fine.