From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: idea to show modified source in Batik
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:00:02 GMT

>    Not quite, first you need to get the File reference (via
> a file Save dialog presumably), and secondly this code I think
> uses the XSLT processor (with default processing) to turn the
> DOM into XML.  Currently Squiggle has no hard dependency on XSLT.
> I would probably just have it use one of our XML serializers
> (although they probably aren't as nice about handling namespaces).
>
>    I will work on adding a 'save as' to the file menu in squiggle.
> There are some complex cases that something this simple probably
> won't get right but 99% of the time it will be just fine.

that would be great - as I said, I can't judge how much effort it would
be to add such a function, being a non Java programmer. Adding it as a
"Save As" method in the "File" Menu would be great.

We appreciate your help, Thomas!

Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/