From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: SAXParser change problem
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:10:43 GMT
Hi Rémy,

Rémy Brousset wrote:

> i try to use the jdk1.5 SAXParser instead of the xerces one.
> i've replaced in the XMLResourceDescriptor.properties the class name
> with javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.

    This class does not implement the XMLReader interface, it can
be used to produce an XMLReader.  Unfortunately, you can't use this
with our code.  I shouldn't be a big deal to change Batik's code
to use this to get it's XMLReader but you will have to make some
source changes in batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.

    It would be really great if someone who knows JAXP would
produce a patch so Batik could use it.