From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: idea to show modified source in Batik
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:19:43 GMT
Hi all,

    I've just added this.  I realized that the 'complex cases'
are probably more common then I originally thought.  The basic
problem is that if you save the document somewhere other than
where it started all external references will be broken.

    There are two ways to look at this
	1) What you really want is the DOM so don't touch it!
	2) saving a document that can't be used is kind of
            pointless.

    There is one fairly simple solution for many of these cases
which would be to set xml:base on the root SVG element to the
original document URL.  Right now it just saves the DOM "as is".