From Andres Toussaint <and...@onemileup.com>
Subject Add IMAGE from BufferedImage into a loaded SVG Document
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:21:31 GMT
I want to add a thumbnail representation of my SVG document in the same
document when a specific tool is selected, something like this:

1. Change "display" Atribute of TOOL handler layer to "inline" (to
trigger a updateManager event)

2. Catch updateCompleted
<http://xml.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/bridge/UpdateManagerListener.html#updateCompleted%28org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManagerEvent%29>(UpdateManagerEvent

<http://xml.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/bridge/UpdateManagerEvent.html>
e)

3. Get the thumbanil image by AffineTransform of the buffered image from
updateManagerEvent.getImage()

4. Add the buffered image into my a SVG G Element (recuperated by a
svgDoc.getElementByID("appendLocation")) in a <IMAGE> element. (This
will be a added in the UpdateManager thread).

My Main question is: How is the best way to add this image into my document?

--------
Right now the only solution i have is the following, but i think there
may be a simpler solution:
Create a new Document and a SVGGraphics2D object, and paint into it the
BufferedImage, and then use the Document.importNode to add the thumbnail
into the first document.

Also, will doing this approach create a Embedded Image in my SVG? Or how
is the reference to the Image handled? What format of image will be
embedded (PNG, JPG,...)?

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Andres.