From James Shaw <hertzsprrr...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: IRC channel
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:56:48 GMT
Lasse Riis wrote:

> Well I've already been in SVG sometimes (how I heard of Batik  :)
> Maybe Batik doesn't have a userbase big enough to support a specific
> user channel?
>
> I just personally like to have a place to pop those tiny questions
> that you simply can't find an answer to, and don't want write a
> maillinglist about (usually because of their size). It helps me out a
> lot when I'm programming. But maybe that says a lot more about my
> programming skills than it says about the need for a channel :)
>
> Would it be unrealistic to have a channel? (or does it have horrible
> disadvantages that I'm not seeing)
>
> Lasse Riis

I too like IRC channels for an instant response (though you don't have
to wait long on this mailing list ;-)  My only concern is that others
will not be able to search an IRC channel, like they could a mailing
list, for solutions to their problems.  I would, however, love to see
some Java code snippets demonstrating some common uses of the Batik API
(apologies if they already exist and I've missing them)

James Shaw