From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Batik drawing in the wrong thread?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:43:44 GMT
Hi Archie,

Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Further research.. could it be related to this bug:
>
>    http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4587651

    Hmm, I don't think so, note that the first problem (yours)
has to do with when the system is 'dropping' a renderer (which
syncs in my mind with the GC issue).

    Bug 4587651 seems to happen when setting up the renderer,
and seems focused on input data to the rendering.

> and if so, is turning of anti-aliasing the right workaround?
> (what is the correct way to do that?)

     The simplest way to do that is to set shape-rendering="crispEdges"
on the outermost SVG element.  I guess it may be worth a try for you
(even if the two aren't related this may fix it as it will make it
use a totally different, probably much simpler, rendering path which
may avoid the GC issue as well).