From Exponent Work Mail Account <jamie.brown...@exponent.co.uk>
Subject Re: idea to show modified source in Batik
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:18:09 GMT
I have another important use case for this functionality: namely the
ability to write state to the filesystem and the consequent ability to
"read" state back. We have actually implemented an application that
uses this functionality (in ASV) so that users can work on a complex
form on and offline.

On 10 Feb 2005, at 3:34 pm, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Dear Batik Developers (currently mainly Thomas?)!
>
> I have an idea for a useful extension to the Batik Squiggle SVG viewer
> that would help SVG developers.
>
> I currently use Batik a lot for developing SVG apps, due to the fact
> that it has scripting debugger, console support, DOM tree viewer and a
> stricter XML Parser than ASV.
>
> ASV, however, has one useful feature (available through an XML
> processing instruction) that is currently not available on Batik: to
> save the current state of the DOM to a new SVG file. Yes, there is the
> DOM viewer to see the current DOM, but in some cases, it would be
> useful to get the full modified DOM and to be able to save it to a
> file again.
>
> In the Squiggle Menu it could be a new entry below "View Source",
> maybe titled "View Modified Source".
>
> I have no idea how much work that would mean to integrate such a
> feature in Batik Squiggle?
>
> What do you think,
> Andreas

> ---------------------------------------------- Andreas Neumann -
> Department of Cartography Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH)
> ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland Phone: ++41-1-633 3031,
> Fax: ++41-1-633 1153 e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch www:
> http://www.carto.net/neumann/ SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
> Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/

Jamie Browning