From "Caron, Michael R" <michael.r.ca...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Problems with loading documents...
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:23:58 GMT
And how do I get the SVGDocumentLoader object?

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas DeWeese [mailto:Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 8:00 PM
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: Problems with loading documents...

Hi Michael,

Caron, Michael R wrote:

> How do you get the error from the event if a certain step in the SVG
> following methods:
>
>     public void gvtRenderingFailed(GVTTreeRendererEvent e) {}

    You can't for this one right now.  I'll fix this so it's like the
ones below.

>     public void documentLoadingFailed(SVGDocumentLoaderEvent e) {}
>     public void gvtBuildFailed(GVTTreeBuilderEvent e) {}

    The source of the event is the SVGDocumentLoader object which has a
'getException' method that returns the exception responsible if there is
one (there always is for failed events).

> I was getting gvtBuildFailed callbacks, but I didn't know how to get
> information about what was going on...

    It also (not so gracefully) echos the problem to System.err.