From "Jim Ley" <...@jibbering.com>
Subject Re: IRC channel
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:11:29 GMT

"James Shaw" <hertzsprrrung@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:421318E0.5070106@btopenworld.com...
> I too like IRC channels for an instant response (though you don't have to
> wait long on this mailing list ;-)  My only concern is that others will
> not be able to search an IRC channel, like they could a mailing list, for
> solutions to their problems.

irc://irc.freenode.net/#svg gets lots of people arriving to both thank
people for having their problems solved by a search turning up in the
archives - http://svg.jibbering.com/ or because they know people are there.
I think IRC loggers, whilst capturing an awful lot of crap, have also pretty
much solved this archiving queries problem.

batik discussion is of course completely on topic for the freenode general
svg channel, so you could all just come on over and see what happens when
you hang out there.

Cheers,

Jim.