From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Black background problem
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:53:08 GMT
I'd try using the EPSTranscoder that's in pdf-transcoder.jar coming with
Batik. The full class name is: org.apache.fop.render.ps.EPSTranscoder.
Just follow the basic transcoding pattern described here:
http://xml.apache.org/batik/rasterizerTutorial.html

As an alternative you can also try
org.apache.fop.render.ps.EPSDocumentGraphics2D which should be roughly
equivalent to the thing you used.

On 26.04.2005 15:31:09 Joshua Marinacci wrote:
> Hi guys. I've just started to use Batik. It's pretty cool!
>
> I'm working on a program to convert SVG to EPS. I have made a simple
> app which loads an SVG file into a JSVGCanvas and shows it on screen.
> This works fine. When I want to export to EPS I create an EpsGraphics2D
> object and pass it into the paint method of my canvas.  The resulting
> file looks fine except that the background is black.  If I paint a blue
> background onto the graphics and then paint the svg canvas I get blue
> everywhere outside the bounds of the canvas, but the background of the
> canvas is still black. I can paint a blue background on top of the svg
> canvas and that works too. It's just the actual canvas area that seems
> to get the black background. Strangely the on screen painting of the
> canvas is white, though. It's only painting to the EpsGraphics2D where
> it produces the black.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> oh, the eps graphics project is here:
>
> 	http://www.jibble.org/epsgraphics/