From Rich Boakes <rich.boa...@port.ac.uk>
Subject Noob using DOM
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:12:53 GMT
Hello Batik Users,

Being new to Batik this may be a really silly
question, but I seem to be making a mistake that
is stumping me.

I have a program that creates an SVG DOM and
dumps it to a file.  The file renders fine in
the Adobe plugin on IE [1], and also looks good
when imported into Visio.

The problem I have is that if, instead of just
saving the file, I try and display is using
JSVGCanvas (via the setDocument method), then I
get a BridgeException [2].

I've given the FAQ's a read through but come out
the other end still baffled, are there any
gotchas that I've missed?  I'll hold back from
pasting code yet in the hope that there's
something blindingly obvious...

Thanks
-Rich

[1] The output that can be loaded:
http://rdfx.org/images/batikdump1.svg

[2] The error message:
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: null:-1
Cannot find the referenced element:
"#majpath1113527114427"
specified on the element <textPath> - may be a
problem of id
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getReferencedElement(BridgeContext.java:582)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextPathElementBridge.createTextPath(SVGTextPathElementBridge.java:65)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.fillAttributedStringBuffer(SVGTextElementBridge.java:859)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.buildAttributedString(SVGTextElementBridge.java:780)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.computeLaidoutText(SVGTextElementBridge.java:501)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.buildGraphicsNode(SVGTextElementBridge.java:237)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:210)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:161)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:205)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:161)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:205)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:161)
	at
org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(GVTBuilder.java:77)
	at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(GVTTreeBuilder.java:95)