From Cameron McCormack <cam-batik-us...@aka.mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: SVGGenerator bug ?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 01:00:39 GMT
Hi Archie.

Archie Cobbs:
> Is this a bug in Batik's SVG generator?
>
> I'm drawing an arc. If the arc is < 360 degrees, things work normally.
> If the arc is 360 degrees, nothing is displayed.
>
> The attached program demonstrates the problem. Change the definition
> of "DEGREES" to see the behavior change.
>
> Note: this is using Batik 1.6 plus the patch that fixed the previous
> arc bug (where the arc was drawn on the wrong side of the curve).

According to

  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/implnote.html#ArcOutOfRangeParameters

in SVG if an elliptical arc path segment has its end-point and
start-point the same, then the path segment should be omitted.  I
suspect that this 360 degree arc you are drawing is being converted into
such a path segment.

Does Java2D display 360 degree arcs normally?  If so, the SVGGraphics2D
should generate a 'circle' element instead of a 'path' element in this
case.

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au