From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Printing with the new Fop
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:23:40 GMT
Johan,

you've got the wrong list here. If you need to know how to start FOP
then you need to ask on the fop-users mailing list, not on a Batik
mailing list.

Did you try the hint I gave you earlier today about checking out the
maintenance branch of FOP? I don't think the CVS HEAD code of FOP is
ready to be used for printing. The Java2D/AWT renderer there is
brand-new and I've already seen a few bugs.

On 20.06.2005 18:49:10 Johan Hedlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm forced to use the CVS version of FOP, since I want to generate output
> containing text and SVG images, and there is a compatibility problem with
> the latest release versions of FOP and Batik.
>
> My problem is that I had a working system for creating printer output using
> the old fop, by creating a driver and my own renderer, but now I can't do
> that anymore, since the API has changed. Does anyone have an example of
> creating output for the printer (not postscript) using the "Fop" class? I
> need to be able to pop up print dialogues and set the margins and paper
> sizes/types etc, as well as multiple pages.

Jeremias Maerki