From Jean-Christophe Arnu <a...@paratronic.fr>
Subject Re: Transforms (again) :'(
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:06:53 GMT

Thomas DeWeese m'expliquait  (le 03.06.2005 12:40):

>    The NPE exception appears to be a bug in Batik.  The out of memory
> error reminds me that setting the viewBox is a fairly inefficient method
> of changing the view as it generally leads to a rebuild of the entire
> graphics tree for the document (to handle percentages properly).

That's what I figured, I get more rapidly NPE with 1.6 thant with 1.5.1 :)

>    I'll look into this bug and may request a reproducible test case if
> I have some problems reproducing it on my own.  In the mean time I
> would suggest looking into using the currentScale currentTranslate API's
> on the SVGSVGElement to adjust the view.  When you have the viewBox the
> adjustment is fairly simple.  The simplest method is to set
> currentTranslate to the x,y of the viewBox you want, and then set
> the currentScale to min(viewBox.width/viewport.width,
>                     viewBox.height/viewport.height).
>
>    This won't quite center the view to do that you would need to tweak
> the translate for cases where the aspect ratio of the viewBox doesn't
> match that of the viewport.

    mmm SVGOMSVGElement needs to implement the .getViewBox() ;)
    Never mind I have dom.svg to do the whole job.

Thanks again, Will try this on monday
See you

--
Jean-Christophe Arnu