From Jean-Christophe Arnu <a...@paratronic.fr>
Subject Re: User Agent
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:47:52 GMT
Hi

>Ok you mean like "gecko" for Mozilla ?

Yes, sort of.

>>be a web browser or in case of Batik, an SVG user agent.
>>

>For my part i think it's SVG user agent who interest myself ;)
>But what can i do with this agent ? It's an importante application for
>batik ? Why i can't find any documentation ? I wich case can i use it
>?

    A User Agent is also defined into the Batik's API (DefaultUserAgent
or an interface). This delivers an interface to specify the DPI, default
font, way to handle errors etc... This is the « facility » part of SVG
document handling providing means to handle periphericals data (errors,
default values, link opening ...)
    Just have a look at  org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGUserAgent
interface or org.apache.batik.bridge.UserAgent interface.
    I did impelement my own User Agent (implement just like implementing
Java interface) for my project to handle some interactive openLink  from
my application.

    Cheers

note : is there enough people speaking french here to start a French
wiki (linked (if possible) to the official one) ?

--
Jean-Christophe Arnu
Paratronic