From "Johan Hedlund" <jo...@dprof.net>
Subject RE: Printing with the new Fop
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:42:10 GMT
Hi..

Oops... how embarrassing :( I'll blame it on the heat :)

Well anyway: I tried to find the maintenance branch on CVS, but I couldn't
find it :S only found the xml-fop project, and there I didn't find any
maintenance branch.

Thanks for helping again

/Johan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch]
Sent: 20 June 2005 18:24
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Printing with the new Fop

Johan,

you've got the wrong list here. If you need to know how to start FOP
then you need to ask on the fop-users mailing list, not on a Batik
mailing list.

Did you try the hint I gave you earlier today about checking out the
maintenance branch of FOP? I don't think the CVS HEAD code of FOP is
ready to be used for printing. The Java2D/AWT renderer there is
brand-new and I've already seen a few bugs.

On 20.06.2005 18:49:10 Johan Hedlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm forced to use the CVS version of FOP, since I want to generate output
> containing text and SVG images, and there is a compatibility problem with
> the latest release versions of FOP and Batik.
>
> My problem is that I had a working system for creating printer output
using
> the old fop, by creating a driver and my own renderer, but now I can't do
> that anymore, since the API has changed. Does anyone have an example of
> creating output for the printer (not postscript) using the "Fop" class? I
> need to be able to pop up print dialogues and set the margins and paper
> sizes/types etc, as well as multiple pages.

Jeremias Maerki