From "Scott A. Ruffner" <sruff...@phy.ucsf.edu>
Subject Re: Applet way too slow on MAC
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:58:01 GMT
Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
>    Good find.  I suspect this is the issue.
> I haven't finished reading the whole thread,
> I'll look to see if it would be easy for Batik
> to avoid requesting the raster data (but I
> am not hopeful).

again, i hope Apple is doing something about it.
here's another thread in the Apple java-dev mailing
list.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Java-dev/2005/Jul/msg00009.html

one response succinctly describes the problem
and some of the other emails address possible
workarounds (which i don't entirely follow!)

--
Scott A. Ruffner, Scientific Programmer/Analyst
Lisberger Lab