From Måns Rullgård <...@inprovide.com>
Subject Re: O.T.: is list 'mirroring' normal?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:29:38 GMT
Cameron McCormack <cam-batik-users@aka.mcc.id.au> writes:

> Ionut Ciocirlan:
>> I was googling around for some answers on a question I posted here 2 days
>> ago...
>>
>> And i got this hit:
>> http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-users/archives/msg08254.html --
>> which is exactly my post on this list. Is list mirroring normal/allowed?
>
> I think it is quite common to have web archives of public mailing lists.

It certainly is.  If you do not wish your messages to be archived, you
can include an "X-No-Archive: Yes" header.  It could of course still
be archived, but many archives honor this header.  In general, it
should be assumed that anything posted to a mailing list or newsgroup
is out of your control.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com