From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject hangs while dispatching onload
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:19:19 GMT
Hi Thomas,

I started a different thread for that loading problem. Will later test
the "static" attribute. I tested the Solitaire example on Tiger and it
went fine. A bit slower than on PC, but fast enough.

>     Hmm, this worked fine for me...  I wonder, did you upgrade to
> 'Tiger' (10.4?).  If so try being _really_ patient and see if it
> comes up...

no, I am testing on Linux and MacOSX (Tiger) with the same results. I
checked out the sources and then applied the patch. My mapping example
now (http://www.carto.net/williams/yosemite/index.svg) hangs on all
platforms using the latest svn checkout. It has nothing to do with the
"static" patch. I tested with a unpatched checkout as well with the same
results.

When I start Squiggle I get the following warnings:

---------------------------
./build.sh squiggle
Buildfile: build.xml

init-args:

init:

compile:
Created dir: /home/an/batiktest/trunk/classes
debug off, optimize on, deprecation on
Compiling 1480 source files to /home/an/batiktest/trunk/classes
/home/an/batiktest/trunk/sources/org/apache/batik/apps/svgbrowser/Main.java:823:
warning: encode(java.lang.String) in java.net.URLEncoder has been deprecated
                (URLEncoder.encode(lastVisited.elementAt(i).toString()));
                           ^
/home/an/batiktest/trunk/sources/org/apache/batik/apps/svgbrowser/Main.java:869:
warning: decode(java.lang.String) in java.net.URLDecoder has been deprecated
                lastVisited.addElement(URLDecoder.decode(st.nextToken()));
                                                 ^
2 warnings

squiggle:

----------------------------

should I compile with "debug on" to get more feedback on why it hangs?

Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/